Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Former teacher I liked

Former teacher I liked

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Most teachers I ........have  had have been were fine, they taught me what I need....... to know but a lot of them didn't leave that much of a lasting impression on me. There was a teacher that I will never forget however. The teacher I am about to talk about is my romanian teacher from middle school. The fact that she taught romanian which was one of the most important subjects meant that we spent a lot of hours per week with her, but she was also our homeroom teacher. That meant we'd spend way more time with her than any other teacher. I don't even know where to begin with describing her.

I guess i'll talk first about the way she taught us the subject. It wasn't exactly perfect, there were certain things I sometimes got confused with, but usually I would figure them out myself. I wasn't exactly that keen on the subject either, I mean, when will I ever need to know that the "meu" from "cainele meu" is an possesive pronominal adjective? I still wanted good grades so I gave it all I could, I also really didn't want to disappoint her. She was a sweet old lady, and she was so gentle and caring with all of us. I was genuinely heartbroken whenever I underperformed on a test or a listening, and she would give me a disappointed look, all I wanted to do in those moments was sink deep in the earth and get absorbed by it. On the other hand, I felt so good when I would have a great performance and hear her praise me, making me fly to the moon out of pride. She had this system where after listenings she would ask the other classmates what grade the ones being listened deserve and I thought it was a pretty cool way of giving grades as not only her opinion would matter, and the classmates giving the grades would have to give arguments for what they gave which made it pretty fair, and also allowed us to point out things the teacher may have not noticed.

She was a lot like a 2nd mother in a way. I remember her making sure we had correct posture so our backs would not suffer. I got so used to her doing this that when she started doing it I didn't even need her to go to me as I knew what I had to do. Or her not allowing us to bring chips or she would crush them with her feet. This one was kind of unncesary in a way(why can't you just take the food away or something, don't waste those good chips) and while I did really like eating chips, they are pretty unhealthy and I can see why she wouldn't want us to eat them.
There are many things I could talk about, but to sum it up, she was a caring, gentle and overall amazing human being and while it upsets me that I no longer get to see her, I still have all those good memories from her which I will remember never forget

Last edited by Edgyguy (2019-06-11 01:07:12)

I am really glad that you had such a nice teacher :) Overall, I think your writing is pretty good (it gave me a good, optimistic vibe). All I could tell you to take a little more care of would be the punctuation: please use commas!! My thing with commas is probably just a personal thing, but I think using them would show that you care about your writing more. Otherwise, everything is good: you have paragraphs, you described your teacher with all the details and you have the right words. Keep up the good work!
P.S. i like your signature :D

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Former teacher I liked