Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A crazy person

A crazy person

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

The craziest person I ever met is my germany german teacher from middle school. Boy was she a crazy lady. And I don't want you to think I say she was crazy because she gave me low grades, because that is not the case. I had straight A's in her class. Not because I knew how to speak german, but because my deskmate knew how to speak it.
Anyways, she had a unique way of teaching. For example, if she would hear.... heard the word "dog" in one of her classes, we would learn about dogs for the next 2 months.. By the way, did you know there are 339 breeds of dogs? Oh you don't care? Neither did we, but at least we would learn about dogs and not actual german. But it's crazy because in tests we wouldn't get questions about dogs, but about expressions and types of verbs. I had 4 classes of german in a per week, and we quickly accepted the fact that this was how the next 4 years were going to be. We had to study this difficult foreign language at home by ourselves and learn about the stupidest things in class. Maybe you ask yourself, why didn't we tell the teacher to study german in the actual german class. Well because if we did that, she would invite us to come up to the board, she would put ask us questions and grade us so badly we would start crying, and then she would start screaming at us for crying so we would cry harder. And when we grew up and stopped crying when those situations occurred, she would still scream at us for showing no real interest in her class. She onced once threw a student's books out of the window.
We actually tried speaking with our homeclass teacher but she didn't believe that poor little old lady could do that to us. She said we need... needed to study harder, and if we do will , the problem would be solved. So, we studied harder. Well not me, but some of us did. But everytime we would give the cor...ect correct answer to a harder question, she would think we wanted to prove .... to her that "we know knew everything and we don't didn't need her".
In conclusion I am soooo happy I changed schools for highschool, because I heard she still teaches some of my old classmates and she is even more crazy.... crazier with 9th graders because they are supposed to be "really mature" and I won't be mature until I turn 80 and get tuberculosis.

Last edited by such_a_wow_name (2019-04-04 11:40:21)

Wow! How much did you have to take at this time? I think your teacher has personal problems and she's getting her annoyance off you. Or she simply didn't care what she was doing because she didn't like to teach you. I want to tell you that I also have a teacher who screams at us and insults us when he has the opportunity, especially for some. I'm glad you could get away.

I personally think this type of behaviour is not really crazy, but just a little mad. I mean, she was old and old people never liked teenagers ( I don't understand why) and she was probably kind of sick of teaching after so many years. However, I don't think throwing books out of the window and screaming fo no reason is something a normal person would do. But overall, your essay was great!

From my point of view, your teacher's behaviour doesn't fit the norms. Maybe the fact she made you study only about dogs for two months is really crazy and unusual, but the way she treats her students isn't respectable and this is really out of hand. I am happy you changed your school and hope you won't meet another teacher like your German teacher from middle school was.

Ah, yes! I had a banshee teaching me as well, only we were lucky enough to have her for only one year, and as the art teacher. I'm sorry you had to deal with her for so long and at a course you actually needed, it's truly unfortunate. On the bright side, judging by how you described her she will retire soon, so there's that.

I am really sorry you had such a teacher. It must have been awful, but I hope she improved the way she was acting in the end. Can’t wait to see what you write next!

Ok, but did we actually have the same teacher? :)) I'm joking, I didn't study German, but still, my English teacher from my old school used to behave pretty much like that. That's why I 'had' to learn English by myself and I guess I did a decent job. It's really sad that we have to put up with such people... in school...

After  your story and after anothers stories I hear about teachers ,I think that some of them aren 't real teachers ,just people who need money. It's just my oppinion. I met in my old school 2 or 3 teachers that  are like your german teacher and I'm...desapointed by our school system

Wow, this woman really is insane. I like your honesty throughout the essay, you stayed on point and really focused on all wrong things about her that quality her as a crazy individual. I had a teacher very similar to her once, only she used to teach me french and religion. At first her classes were a nightmare, just like you described yours to be, since I didn't know any french (and neither did anyone in the class), but eventually all her yelling and complete nonsense became very entertaining for me and all my classmates, as we slowly got used to her and to the idea that we will never be able to learn anything from her.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » A crazy person