Many people think that a teachers job is only to make you feel awful or stupid, give you those annoying tests that you will fail even after studying for 4 hours and teaching you useless things that you will never use in real life
      I, too, tought like that about my teachers until one day in 6th grade. I had just transferred to another school so I had to meet a lot of new classmates and my teachers. I have to admit, I was really nervous because I had experienced a lot in fifth grade, starting with teachers that always made you feel horrible and ending with so called friends that back stabbed me every time they had the opportunity.
      Keeping that in  mind, it was really hard to get used to the new teachers. However, this changed once I met my math teacher, Miss Julieta. At first, she looked like a really mean old lady that was going to torture us until eight grade, but getting to know her, she was the sweetest and most caring person I knew. Although she gave us lots of tests and always gave[schimba si timpul si cuvantul] a lot of homework, during classes she always use to teach us not only math, but how to understand that others also have problems as well and we should help them if we can. She was also teaching us that we should never judge a book by thecover and we should never be kind to others no matter what happens between us.
       I remember one time in eighth grade that one classmate named Alya didn’t want] to attend our prom. Miss Julieta asked her why and she said that she would rather stay at home than come spend time with us. Of course we felt really angry about that, but our teacher calmy said that she want to tell us something. She asked Alya to come sit in front of the blackboard and said that before she start theaching us geometry, she would like to know what we were thinking about our ” beloved” classmate. Of course, we never really liked Alya. She was always rude, never wanted to help us with any activity and preferred to think that she was better than us at anything related to school or academic skills. So we said all these stuff and before she could respond, our math teacher  said : ” Do you think all of this is true?”. The answer was obvious. Miss Julieta always told us that if there was no teamwork, there was no fun in anyhing, so she took this opportunity and turned it into a lesson that we would never forget. She told us after all that dialog that before we judge others, we should take a lot at ourselves.

I think that we should never understimate our teachers. Sure, they might be very strict, but they only think about our good. The fact that I met Miss Julieta was one of the things that changed my way of seeing everything.

great way of structuring/organising your story

Last edited by Username Not Found 13 (2019-04-22 22:18:43)