To be blunt,[that is a bit blunt for an introduction] Honestly (I hope you like this one more) since I started school, there has been a small number of teacher I liked, even if I had quite a few options changing schools a couple times. There were only a few teachers that liked me, with my arrogant and frankly, at times annoying nature, therefore limiting even further my options for a teacher whose classes I truly enjoyed. Besides a couple of current teachers, I’m only left with one valid answer: the only teacher I ever liked was my math teacher in middle school.
For the sake of this story, I will call her Mrs. W. [no topic sentence!?]She was generally an unsympathetic person, always expecting more from her students and focusing only on her work, and was considered one of the most hardworking, but also harsh teachers in the school. Her reputation, even if it might have been exaggerated at times, was to some extent accurate: mrs. W was a very harsh woman. When I first met her, I thought that she might just be my worst nightmare, but know nowthat I think back, I remember how many times me and pretty much all of my classmates were terrified over u=unreliable stories or straight up rumors circling around the school, sure she was angry sometimes, but she had one important trait to make up for it: complete fairness in judgement. There was no morally gray area for her and she had a sweet spot: smart kids with an attitude too tomatch their IQ, and for some odd reason, I qualified in that category for her at least. She never let it be visible, but sometimes when one of her ‘favourites’ said something smart, you could see the corners of her mouth form a little smirk, just enough to express that she’swas proud.
She was always herself, meaning that a lot of the time she wasn’t on the same page with the other teachers, and maybe that’s why she liked us, because no other teacher would. She was also a really good teacher, always making sure that everyone understood everything, and always making sure that we knew that having something in your brain for life is way more important than just memorizing a notebook full of definitions and hypostasises. That made her a great teacher and it showed eventually.
Personally, I learned a great deal from being her student for four years, besides she math. She thought me that judging a person and a teacher most of all by the rumours you’ve heard about them is most likely inaccurate.

Last edited by eye_rolls_and_sarcasm (2019-06-02 11:14:13)