Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unpleasant » Sanity is relative...

Sanity is relative...

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

“Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
Insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again expecting things to change. That. Is. Crazy.”

And so, in a simple videogame, I met someone who would go and haunt me for the better half of a month. I still think about her when her username appears in my friends list, and I’ve tried to contact her, as you'll see if you read until the very end.

As I said, I met Cris while I was playing a cooperative multiplayer game. She was pretty good at running and gunning, so I thought I could add her as a friend and from that day forward, we kept talking every day. She claimed to be a short black-haired girl, with hazelnut eyes and pale skin, of roughly the age of 16 and a half. What kept me on my toes was that she lived at around 200 kilometers away from me, in a neighboring country which name I won’t disclose for security reasons, because I don’t want her to find me. Not yet, anyways. We soon became friends, even though I was a lot younger than her, and I think she became attached to my younger self, for some reason, because she always messaged me first, lively and cheerful, teasing me and playing sorts of mind games with me, until one day she got serious.

Cris claimed to care so much as to tell me her darkest secret, the fact that she had a pet…demon. I was shocked to say the least, and naïve as I was, I believed her. Why would she tell a stranger on the internet something she hadn’t told anybody hitherto? She told me about how this demon, whose name I can’t and won’t recall for the sake of me getting some sleep tonight, “protected” her from people that tried to hurt her. Even though I was creeped out, I still wanted to know more, and she instilled a fear in me with her supposedly real stories that, to tell the truth, I kept inside for a long time. She claimed that the demon knew people who weren’t loyal to her and that he made sure that they didn’t get the chance to tell her. Soon enough, the energetic girl turned into a spawn sent from Hell for me, and if it wasn’t for one of my friends, I would’ve believed her stories for so much longer, but as soon as my buddy laughed at my naivety, I knew it was all fake, I put two and two together, and ceased any interaction with her.

A year ago, I messaged her again. She didn’t remember me…or did she? She found out my location, but she pretended to not know me at all. I asked her about her personal demon, and she laughed at me. I persisted, hoping for an answer to this spooky tale, but nothing. She seemed like a totally different person.
Last week, she sent me a message, or should I rather say, Holding send me a message. I don’t want to respond. I’m going crazy, she’s not insane, but maybe I am. I want to respond, I’m curious, but I haven’t yet…

Last edited by teacherovi (2019-03-04 11:53:41)

I feel weird cause I remember reading this some time ago and I can't explain why I didn't post a reply, cause I surely liked it. The spooky scent of it made it even better, I like this kind of stuff very much. I 'm not a master of them, but I try to do my best as well. As of a piece of life advice, I can surely tell you that meeting people online is weird but always kind of exciting, cause you never know who's behind the screen. (That sounded a little strange but I'm sure you'll understand). Anyway, getting back to your homework, I see there aren't mistakes and it all is well done. I'm very happy to see that you evoluated this much :)

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Unpleasant » Sanity is relative...