There are numerous way of getting yourself hurt. Some are out of your control, some could have been avoided but are reasonable, and then there is what happened to me. I broke my leg in such a way, I can't even comprehend how I could have been this dumb, but either way, here is my story.
It was an oddly sunny day during winter, and I was hanging out with my friends. We were sitting on a bench in a park, wondering of what lovely ways we could waste our time. What follows is what we call the butterfly effect, as I was the one who came up with the great idea of playing tag. Seemed harmless enough, what could go wrong? Well, everything apparently.
We do rock paper scissors to decide who will be the first tagger. As we were playing, more and more people got away with not being tag. It came to me and another guy. I would like to mention that I hate being the tagger, as I am not the fastest runner and I get tired relatively quick and my friends mess with me thanks to that. "Rock, paper, scissors" we say, as he draws rock while I drew scissors. I accepted my defeat and role as tagger, at that point could it get any worse?  Considering the following, I was proven that things CAN get worse.
I give them a 5 second head-start so they can get some distance and the game begins. I start running around, trying to catch my fellow friends, with little to no success. And I kept running, and running for around 10 minutes still not catching anything. I was tired, sweaty, but not giving up. "I will catch them, I'll show them" I thought as I started running again after resting for a bit.  I see one guy and I go for a blood-thirsty sprint towards them. As he is running away, he tells me my shoes are untied, and yes, they were untied, but I was too motivated to stop running. I get closer and closer to him, I can feel the victory as I am about to catch him, but just then, I trip over on a small valley, and land directly on my leg and I hear it go *crack*. Now you'd think the untied shoes would be the reason I tripped, but the actual reason is way more idiotic. Celebrating too early, I leapt towards the dude, not noticing the valley, I fell straight down to it. My victory was taken from me, my leg broken, and all just because I thought jumping would be a cool trick.
My friends come over to me, notice my destroyed leg, and immediately call the ambulance. My leg was put on a cast, and while this story is embarrassing, I always laugh at it whenever I remember it or one of my friends brings it up, so I guess something good came out of it.