Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Tanabata Festival

Tanabata Festival

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

This summer vacation I went at to the Tanabata Festival or the Star Festival. It was my very first Japanese Festival. All this happened in the Botanical Garden.
        There were 5 short, long and white awnings, each one of them had different activities: the first was the main tent or the office tent, the second was for selling books about Japanese culture or just about Japanese and posters and stickers about anime or manga and for painting on the face, the next one was a place for Yumeiho a Japanese manual therapy, and the last two were workshops for learning origami and how to draw manga faces and a very big table where you could play various Japanese games.
        There was another place, a little further, next to an oriel. There you could dress up in a yukata and some of the organizers helped you dress and they offered to take some pictures if you wanted to.
        Let's not forget about the amazing dances that the organizers prepared for us. The dancers showed us the traditional Japanese dances dressed in shorter yukata and using specific accessories such as umbrellas and fans. After the show ended the girls invited the people to dance lessons.
        ......In the end...[in concluzie] that was a wonderful day because I had a lot of fun and I tried a little bit of each, that is, I painted my face, I dressed up with yukata and I learned how to draw faces like in manga.

Last edited by Sparkly mermaid (2019-05-30 08:13:24)

It is a wonderful story and the festival that you talked about seems to be interesting. You said that you had fun there and I believe you because you described what were the things that delighted you and of course that you tried a little of each. I think that this festival was a good experiece for you.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Tanabata Festival