Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Story of a disease

Story of a disease

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

It’s 4:00 am. The clock hands spin so fast. I am dizzy, my head hurts. I can’t get out of the bed, cause that might ruin the last bit of sleep I supposedly have left for today. I’ll sit here waiting for hours.
The stress is eating me from inside, and I can’t stop. I can’t stop thinking about my entire life as a series of all-nighters without my consent. I just want to get rid of it. All the things I see because of the lack of sleep, all the dizzy mornings, noon and afternoon, the constant feeling of being useless. I don’t know how much I can live with it.
I don’t feel happy in the barely existing  times I get some sleep. I don’t feel like I’ve won something. I only think about the fact that I’ll have to wait for another 30, 40, maybe 50 hours to sleep again. Doctors may call this `anticipatory anxiety’. I like to call it `constant state of sadness, weakness and anger’. Doctors may also tell you that this, insomnia, may cause you other diseases, and, finally, early death.
I have tried everything. I’ve tried every single remedy you could think of, and more. I remember writing a list of things I should try. I also remember cutting it in little pieces while crying in a corner of my room. It’s weird, cause I don’t remember a lot of things. That’s why I’m not the best student, even though I’d love ..to... being proud of myself. And making my parents proud, they need it so much. They can’t help me, and I slowly, but surely start to feel that nobody will be able to. How sad, you might think. A 16 year old who already lost any hope for life.
It’s 4:03 am. I’m tired. I’m angry. Nervous, anxious, sad. I’ve been up for 53 hours now, my new milestone. All I can do is wait.

Last edited by workinprogress404 (2019-03-23 14:26:30)

Despite the unhappy tone, the fact that you described what having this disorder/disease feels like makes it a great story. I especially liked the " series of all- nighters without my consent" part. Keep up the good work!

Cristina.without.h wrote:

Despite the unhappy tone, the fact that you described what having this disorder/disease feels like makes it a great story. I especially liked the " series of all- nighters without my consent" part. Keep up the good work!

the good work... workinprogress404 is dying, mate! that's not okay, i like the way you write, but it's frustrating to know this might be real and having no way of being able to help
help

hey, don't worry, it's not real. not for me, at least. i could sleep for entire days, but i am happy that i made you think it's real. that means i did very good research :)

Last edited by workinprogress404 (2019-03-10 18:55:33)

I love your storys! You make me feel like I'm the one having this problem, and no, not in a bad way, but like me being the one in the story! I can't believe you have the power to be so relateble yet be so unique and amazing! I can't wait to see what you are going to write about next time! I feel like whatever you will write, I will feel exactly like now: in the middle of the story

Hello! Your essay made me a little sad but let me tell you that last year I was just the same. I wasn't sleeping at all, I lost my entire motivation and I was in a miserable state of mind and now I'm getting back on track.  It's normal for you to feel these things and you should appreciate every single emotion that you feel because that's what makes us humans. You should realize that sadness is the most powerful feeling we experience and find the beauty inside it. I'm sure that you'll get better and better but you just need some time to think about all the factors of stress and try to take baby steps in order to eliminate them. I believe in you and you should believe in yourself too.  :jumping:

The way you wrote it made me feel the whole thing: fear, anxiety, frustration. Even if it’s on such a scary topic like not being able to sleep, you did a great job at making a story out of it.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » Story of a disease