Teacherovi's English Forum

Announcement

Hi! Essays can be posted here only by those who choose not to do the class assignments on paper. If you need help using the website check out this video: Cum sa folosesti forumul de engleza. Use your time wisely!

User info

Welcome, Guest! Please login or register.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » story of an injury

story of an injury

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

In my childhood I used to be very energetic and always with a smile on my lips, wanting to discover how much I could then, making in my mind, from any exit in the park with my parents, an expedition in nature.
              One day in summer, my father took a day off from work because he wanted to spend it with me. Since that day, on the same calendar date, we've spent a whole day together. But that day spent together was the most exciting of everything so far. The whole story begins in the morning when we decided together we want to spend the whole dayin the city center. The first day if I could call itfather-daughter was this when I was barely five or six. And now I remember that we had a sunny day, the weather  wasvery beautiful, so we could spend the whole day out. Good, around lunch we went to the city center by tram. After having served a very good cake, we were going out for a walk. As I said, when we were little, I had a lot of energy, so when we were walking, I couldn't sit and jumped left and right, capturing my attention smallest detail. So I arrived in [u]15 minutes walk, to sit on a bench to be able to rest. The landscape captivated us, seeing the crowd of playful birds and the white and fluffy clouds sliding on the mighty blue sky. While my father was taking pictures, the energy returned to me with bad ideas. I came to the idea of ​approaching a fountain near the bench, trying to touch the water. Because I was pretty short I had to stretch my leg, eventually slipping from the edge of the well directly into the water in it. In about two minutes my Dad realized what had happened to me, coming to get me out of there. Fortunately, I had no way to drown but I hit my right leg and my head.
              Besides the fact that several people saw me falling into the fountain in the center, if I'm sitting now and thinking, besides the fact that I hit hard enough, it was a funny memory.

Last edited by Galapagos (2019-06-08 16:57:20)

I like that you developed the father-daughter relationship quite a bit, but I think you should have focused on the injury itself more. But, otherwise, it a nice story. It takes me back to when I was young and couldn't sit still...

I like that you decided to focus on the father-daughter dynamic, I think it makes the story quite light-hearted, rather than the more dark kind of story that the given theme suggested. I also appreciated the way you described the typical energy and inability to sit still of little children, while also highlighting the consequences.

You are here » Teacherovi's English Forum » Everyday stuff » story of an injury