Dear diary,
Losing faith in a person can be painful, but losing faith in your best friend, whom you have known for your whole life and whom you used to tell all your deepest secrets and worries... it must feel like the end of the world.
Recently, while I was chatting with the students who were members of our school's French Theatre club in the caffeteria, I have been observing strange looks towards myself from many people in the room and sometimes I managed to hear almost silent laughs. Then, one of my friends, who was as well a member of the club, received a message on his phone and while he was reading it, he could not help covering his mouth in deep amazement and shock. A few moments later, everyone got the same message from an unknown number and, as its content was read, almost every student's eyes were settled on me. I quite did not understand what was happening until someone shouted a very bad word towards me which caused the infinite laughs of the others. Half in tears, half angry, I left the caffeteria and hurried in the main hall where I ran into my best friend, Sarah. Exactly who I needed then. When she saw me crying, she probably understood what she had done, as she began to justify her actions, but I did not want to hear any word she would say. I told her coldly that our long-term friendship could not last longer since she betrayed me like that, consequently she was then able to start searching for a new "friend" to spread rumours about.
I just can't understand why she did it: for a miserable place in the popular cheerleader girls' gang, who would get rid of her as fast as she won't be interesting for them, she has told them everything about my family problems and what a terrible childhood I had, moving from one state to another during almost ten years. The "queen" wanted a fresh-new victim to put a label on and which to make fun of, so she got it with the help of the victim's naive friend.
As I said in the beginning, the loss of a best friend must at least feel like the end of the world... Betrayal surely feels worse...

Last edited by aphrodite_15 (2019-02-23 14:57:42)