I was only eleven years old when " The Blue Whale" phenomenon began to spread around the world. I had heard many people talking about a strange online game before that had negatively affected lots of children in Russia, but I could scarcely imagine that it could go far beyond the borders.
One or two years later, one day, while I was surfing the Internet, I received a message, a strange one I should confess. The person who has written it invited me to join him or her in a game called" The Blue Whale". The person also mentioned that I should not tell anybody about it and that he or she would send me new tasks every day, during a fifty-days period. He or she insisted on the fact that I should do them all, no matter what they are about. When my mom saw that, she ordered me not to answer the message, even if the person threatened me. I would not say that I got scared, but I had a weird feeling that something bad was going to happen. I called one of my friends right after the short discussion with my mother, but, strangely, the girl did not answer me, even after four or five calls. Then, I tried to call one of my classmates, but either he did not answer the phone. Worry along with fear began to overcome my thoughts; what could have happened with them? They would usually answer my calls instantly, but now, what was the matter?
Suddenly, I noticed "The Breaking News" on the TV, so I came closer to listen. There was a short reportage about two sudden deaths of secondary school students who lately committed suicide. The news presenter also mentioned the fact that both of them had been a long-term member of "The Blue Whale" game; their "last task" was, how crazy and terrifying it would sound, to kill themselves, under the pressure of the threat that their curators, knowing their addresses, would come and kill their family if they did not do the given task. At that very moment, I understood that I could have been among my dead friends then if I had decided to answer the message I had received.
Since that very moment, I have always been trying to prevent such cases among other, even younger, children, by posting short, but informative announcements on my Facebook page. I do not know whether my advice is good or not, but I can tell that the number of suicides has visibly decreased!

Last edited by aphrodite_15 (2019-02-23 14:00:54)